Wednesday 27 June 2012

W A - Königgrätzer Marsch



When I was a kid, one of my favorite series of films were the Indiana Jones movies. I still like watching them from time to time. But the best of all for me was The Last Crusade, and one of the things that stands out in my mind the most from that film was the book burning scene, and the famous Königgrätzer Marsch playing in the background.

Back then of course, there was something inherently "wrong" about liking the song - it belonged to evil Nazis, after all! A perfect example of people today who throw the baby out with the bath water.

Having an interest in military history today, there is absolutely nothing offensive to me about the Nazi aesthetic. In fact, I like having elements of it on my own site for effect, the red, black, white and gold colors used so prominently by the Nazis. The Germans did so many things right in their propaganda, and their music is certainly no exception, even though this particular march is pre-Nazi anyways.

Hell, I just love military marches in general, nevermind this particular one. It is a fantastic kind of inspiring music, and I often listen to them when I am writing. I don't know how you could be in a bad mood when you are listening to a badass march.

If you are in a bad mood, either listen to one of these marches or just get the fuck off of my page right now. I am in a good mood this morning because it's the first day in a week where it hasn't rained so far. But even if it were raining, I'd be in a great mood anyways because I have spent my morning listening to marching songs.
I am anti-war in the idealistic sense (as a realist I recognize it as a necessary part of the human condition) I am super pro-military, but even more than that, I am motherfucking uber pro military marching songs.

So keep your acoustic guitars and your songs about love, and fuck yourselves in the mouth with them. Real men listen to real music and masturbate themselves with a claw hammer.

And so ends my pumped up morning rant about something or other.

No comments:

Post a Comment